If you’re thinking about getting a roll-off dumpster, you’ll need to think about what you’re planning to dispose of and how it relates to the scale of your project. A small dumpster will work if you’re cleaning out a spare bedroom or remodeling a bathroom. But if you’re working on a large-scale project, you’ll need to something that can handle the extra weight and volume of the debris. Getting the right dumpster size for your cleanup job is important because if you get one that’s too small, it can result in overage charges. It can also lead to delays in the clearing process.
Factors in Determining the Right Dumpster Size
There are several dumpster sizes, and finding the right one for your project is important. Getting one that’s too big for your job can cost more than necessary, while overloading a smaller bin can lead to extra fees. Here are some factors you should consider before you make your final decision:
- Type of Debris — You need to find the right container for what you’re planning to throw out, whether it’s household junk or construction debris.
- Total Volume — Typical dumpster sizes are measured in cubic yards. A good rule of thumb is five or six 13-gallon trash bags for every cubic yard.
- Delivery Location — If you need a dumpster delivered to a tight area, you may need to order a smaller container so it will fit.
Be sure to reach out to Dawson Recycling and Disposal for more information about dumpster sizes.
Typical Dumpster Sizes and Their Uses
Here are some of the typical dumpster sizes and what they can be used for:
- 10-Yard Dumpster — Can hold up to 10 cubic yards of material and will often be 12 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 4 feet high. A 10-yard dumpster may be good for projects that involve the removal of material from a small basement or garage. It can also be good for removing roof shingles, yard debris, or construction debris from a small kitchen or bathroom.
- 20-Yard Dumpster — Can hold up to 20 cubic yards of material and will often be 22 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 4.5 feet high. A 20-yard dumpster might be good for a large basement, attic, or garage. It might also be the right choice for flooring and carpet removal projects in larger homes, as well as for the removal of deck debris or roof shingles.
- 30-Yard Dumpster — Can hold up to 30 cubic yards of material and will often be 22 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 6 feet high. A 30-yard dumpster can be good for large-scale home additions, new home constructions, garage demo, or replacing windows or siding on small-to-medium sized homes.
- 40-Yard Dumpster — Can hold up to 40 cubic yards of material and will often be 22 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 8 feet high. A 40-yard dumpster might be a good choice for cleanup projects that involve window or siding replacement on large homes, commercial roofing jobs, new construction projects, or large-scale additions. It can also be used to remove large amounts of trash.
If you’re looking for a place that offers waste disposal in Corpus Christi, feel free to speak to someone at Dawson Recycling and Disposal today!